Thursday, April 29, 2010

Take it Easy

As a result of falling asleep at 9:30 p.m. local time, I woke up at 7:30 a.m. the next morning. I made my way downstairs past a few members of the cleaning staff, all of whom stopped what they were doing to do the same bow-pray thing the elevator man had done the night before.

I wandered over to the breakfast buffet and loaded up. After finishing my first plate, the waiter brought me my bill to sign for. Remember how I said that bottle of water was the only thing I won on because of the exchange rate? Breakfast was 700 Baht, or around $20. Not extortionate, but certainly more than I was expecting to pay. Now that I felt determined to get my money's worth, I went back up and grabbed another plate loaded with bacon, toast, made-to-order waffles, and juice. I also grabbed a few things from the bakery section to take back to my room so I could hopefully avoid having to order lunch (700 Baht was half of all the Thai money I had left).

The rest of the day I hung out, watched a bit more House, got this here blog organized, wandered around the hotel, played with the bedside light controls, and kept one eye trained on the window to spot any incoming rioters. Not terribly exciting, but nice after being cooped up in planes for so long.

At 10 p.m., I set the room alarm for 4:30, set my own alarm for 4:35, and fell straight asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment